Friday, March 4, 2022

22-11 Do all Fire people need to share?

I have suddenly realised that one of the reasons that I have felt compelled to teach (and it is a compulsion, a deep need) was because I like to share my joy in talking about the five elements.  And this need to share is, I now know, one of the mainsprings of my life.  It leads directly to my enjoyment in talking about whatever interests me to everybody I meet, and then moves on to my need to teach and to write.  All these different facets of my life have now come together creatively for me in helping me promote five element acupuncture.

I wonder, though, whether all Fire people have this need to share, or is it more a characteristic of Inner Fire?  My Small Intestine, such a curious official, always tries to sort the meaning of life from all that goes on around it.  It likes to work busily at trying to decipher what it sees, hears and feels, and then hopes to find words to explain what it discovers.  My happening to come across the mysterious realm of the elements all those years ago has provided me with perfect food to feed my curiosity.  That I discovered the exciting new world opening before me just at a time in my life when I was ready for new experiences has always seemed to me to be a perfect example of the often supreme serendipity of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment