Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Announcement of my first Net of Knowledge course: Nora Franglen: The Handbook of Five Element Practice

I am happy to announce that my first course of videos about five element acupuncture, with the title: Nora Franglen: the Handbook of Five Element Practice, is now available on the Net of Knowledge online platform.  The course is available through the Net of Knowledge website, as well as through the following websites for different areas around the world:

For the UK and Ireland:                      CPD-Cert

For Europe generally:                         Acupuncture World

For Germany:                                     Acupuncture World DE

For the US:                                         Lhasa OMS

For Canada:                                        Eastern Currents

For Australia and New Zealand:         China Books

For India:                                             Institute of Acupuncture & Natural Medicine

 

You can also see a short promotional video of the course using the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0cGWyvtSDs

 

This will be the first time that the English-speaking world can listen to some of the many videos which I have recorded for my Chinese students in the past few years. They have until now only been available in China.

 

I must also record my thanks here to Gye Bennetts, my good Australian five element friend, without whom I would never have thought of adapting my videos to fit the Net of Knowledge template. Gye did all the hard work of getting our course up and running. Having completed this course, he is now working away at editing a more advanced course of my videos.

 

I am often asked how I recorded the more than 100 videos I have sent over the ether to China to encourage my students there in their five element studies, whilst Covid has prevented us from meeting at our twice-yearly seminars in Beijing.  I often just have a topic in mind, something that has cropped up through a question I have been asked, or something that is part of a set of videos focusing on one or other aspect of five element practice.  I then set up my i-Pad in front of me as I sit on my sofa, check that I have pressed the Record button (sometimes I forget to do this!), and launch myself into what I can feel is often the unknown.  I may find that my first thoughts are muddled and don't lead me where I want to go, so I have to press Delete and start again. I am often only satisfied with what I am saying after two or three attempts, eventually finishing with a video lasting at the most 8 -10 minutes.

 

Once I am in the flow, though, I find the thoughts, and the words to express them, come, as they do when I am teaching in front of a class.  I have often told people that I seem to do most of my thinking as I talk.  So what you will see if you decide to subscribe to this Net of Knowledge course is watching me thinking my thoughts out loud, with not a note in sight.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment