Thursday, November 17, 2022

Getting my videos to an English-speaking audience

After just under a year of hard work, 90% from Gye Bennetts in Australia and 10% from me here in London, we have now got my first course about five element acupuncture up and running on the Web of Knowledge website.  It is entitled. The Handbook of Five Element Practice, and is the first of two which we have planned - with maybe more in the future.  Getting my videos out there has been a labour of love from Gye, and has resulted in people in the English-speaking world at long last having access to some of the many videos I have recorded for my Chinese acupuncture students.  And I have just been delighted to receive some very complementary comments from two of the very early subscribers to our course, both of which have made me feel how worthwhile this venture has been.

 

I think my aim in talking and writing about five element acupuncture over all the many years I have been doing this has always at heart been the desire to inspire others to follow the path I took those many years ago, in the hope that what I say will reduce some of the fears which people often harbour around the study of this lovely discipline.  I think this fear is mainly based on the fact that five element practitioners have to call upon their own understanding of human behaviour, and rely, not upon books, but upon their own senses to help them diagnose where a patient's problems lie. The world is now still very much a knowledge-based place, and particularly prioritizes knowledge which relies upon book learning, with too little attention paid to what is now the scientifically proven fact that all that we observe is based on subjective criteria, since the observer always forms part of the observation he/she makes.  There is nothing that can be described as objectively proven, as would have been the assumption in years past, when for a time science with its apparently objective criteria ruled the world.

 

Now that each of us has to place ourselves at the forefront of what we observe, five element acupuncture, which has always recognized this, has come into its own, but represents a challenge precisely because of this.  So anything I can say which reassures those learning this discipline will, I hope, add to students' and practitioners' confidence in what they do.  Hence my delight in receiving the following accolade from one of the first people to download our course:

 

"Thank you, I feel so much more relaxed about five element acupuncture now. You really filled in the blanks for me and gave me direction of how and where to start, so important. I am so grateful!"

 

Thank you, Debra from Canada.

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment