Monday, May 8, 2023

My favourite Wood points

Following on from my blog of 10 April: Acupuncture points:  helping our skeleton dance, I am drawing up a list of my favourite points for each element.  These will form handouts to accompany another set of videos for my Chinese students in which I talk through my choice of points.  


Here is the first list, which is of my favourite Wood points.  I have always been encouraged to use the least number of points possible, so you will see how few there are in this list.    


I am sure each acupuncturist will have assembled their own list, which may well include other points.  As I always say, each five element practitioner has the right, and I think the duty, to develop their own practice in ways which feel comfortable to them, so my list may well be very different from other practitioners' lists.  The most important thing is that we should always be open to input from others, provided that we are satisfied that this input is based on good clinical experience, not on trawling through the kind of acupuncture books listing points which, as you know, I am very wary of.


NORA'S FAVOURITE WOOD POINTS

(in addition, of course, to Command Points)

 

 

LIVER  (VIII)  (2 POINTS)

VIII 13 Chapter Gate

VIII 14 Gate of Hope

 

 

GALL BLADDER (VII)    (7 POINTS)

VII 1    Orbit Bone

VII 14 Yang White

VII 15  Head Above Tears

VII 16 Eye Window

VII 20  Wind Pond

VII 24 Sun and Moon

VII 25  Capital Gate

 

 

AEPs

III 18    Liver Correspondence            

III 19    Gall Bladder Correspondence 

 

 

WINDOWS OF THE SKY

The Wood element has no points which are listed as Windows of the Sky.  This is probably because Wood is all to do with vision, with looking forward into the future.  Every Wood point therefore gives us vision.  Partly because of its name, I like to think that VII 16 Eye Window can be used as an alternative Window of the Sky.

 


ALSO:  

III 42 Spiritual Soul Gate has a particular relevance for the Wood element because it is at the level of the Liver AEP (III 18).

  

No comments:

Post a Comment